Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm alive. I think.

Well, here I am. No real post, yet again. Are you guys bored out of your gourds yet?

I got to the dentist around 10:10 (oops!) and they decided they wanted to clean my teeth while I was there. "How long will it take?" I ask. "About 40 minutes." "How long is the crown prep supposed to take?" "An hour and a half."

So... 40 minutes plus an hour and a half... 2 hours and 10 minutes. "Okay."

I left the dentist at 1:30. For all of you people that hate the maths, that's 3 hours and 20 minutes. I was supposed to drive home (30 minutes) and pick up the kids, buckle them in their seats (10-15 minutes) and drive to TEACCH (15 minutes). I was supposed to be at TEACCH by 2:00.

Again, those evil maths. I was late. I called the hubby on my way home, had him get the kiddos ready, and had him bring them out to the car as I pulled up to my house. We each buckled in a kid, and off we went. We were only (by some miracle) 10 minutes late.

TEACCH went just fine. The girl-child did her testing, and the boy-child played in another room while I knit. The TEACCH people and I chatted for a few minutes, then off we went to Speech Therapy.

Since I had the boy, I didn't get to observe speech. (For some reason, having a 3-year-old in the room is somewhat distracting to the girl-child.) We went to Wal-mart to look around, then back to pick up the girl-child.

So.... I guess the gist of the story, is that I never stopped to eat. I had a banana at about 9:30, on the way to the dentist (banana breath- poor dentist!) Sooo... My head hurts, my mouth hurts, and I'm cranky. We hit McD's on the way home. The poor kids had to live without happy meal toys, and I promised them we'd make chocolate milk at home. Luckily, the hubby was home to help serve my gourmet meal, and here we are.

So that was my day. Have I bored you all to tears? I am still tired and cranky, and my mouth and head still hurt.

No nice knitting pictures. Just cranky me.

Tomorrow's another day, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Ackkkkkkkk Math!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

:o)

Ann

10:54 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

That sucks. I think that dentists are in cahoots with the devil. My daughter is distracted by everything so I don't think it's just your little lady. Feel better, buy yarn = ).

6:12 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I just had the same procedure done, and the dentist wanted to clean my teeth at the same time as well! What the heck? Mouths aren't meant to be held open that long. The nicest thing was a week later they put the crown in and it fit perfectly. I've had no problems since. But crown preps are a drag, aren't they? It's not like you can knit when they are in your mouth like that!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home