Since I am not independently wealthy, and will not be attending Stitches South anytime soon, I went on a hunt. I couldn't find an article on just knitting tubes, but I found this tutorial on Knitty- Extreme knitting: 2 socks in 1. Here is a photo from the tutorial:
is the outside sock, the orange is the inside sock.
Photo came from here.
Still, I have to plan this out, right? I think that holding both yarns in my left hand just might be too fiddly, (I knit continental-style) so I think I may just have to learn to hold one yarn in my left hand and one in my right hand, as illustrated at 4:10 in this video. You can find the project that is being made in the video here. Of course, to do that, I have to learn how to knit English-style. You can find that video here- just scroll down to where it says English Method. I absolutely adore knittinghelp.com, which is where I found these videos.
Here's the plan:
- Learn how to knit English style.
- Learn how to double-knit.
- Learn how to double knit a tube in the form of 2 socks one inside the other.
- Realize that my logic is royally screwed up and that, in the end, I'll only know how to knit 2 tubes, one in side of the other, and not just one tube.
- Buy some dpn's in the size that I need and just get over myself.
Found it! It seems I should have looked just a little bit deeper, I found a tutorial on double-knitting tubes at Alwen's blog here and found a link to this group on her side bar.